Performing Engineering Operations – Technical Engineering Level 2Course Code: PETN2 Learning Aim Code: 60094710 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
The Performing Engineering Operations - Technical Engineering Level 2 qualification is ideally suited if you are working as a welding operative in the engineering industry and forms part of the intermediate apprenticeship framework.
It provides an entry level qualification into engineering in which you will learn basic workshop skills, safe working practices and engineering communication, as well as skills in using core engineering equipment such as millers, lathes, CNC and CAD, and metal joining techniques such as MIG welding.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress to an advanced apprenticeship and a Level 3 qualification.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- General machining, fitting and assembly applications
- General fabrication and welding applications
- Producing CAD models (drawing) using a CAD system
- Producing engineering project plans
- Using computer software packages to assist with engineering activities
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain further knowledge and understanding of metal working techniques
- Develop your skills in metal joining techniques
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation or practical tasks
- Written assessments
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Complete your intermediate apprenticeship
- Move to an advanced apprenticeship
- Progress to a Level 3 qualification
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to be on an existing industry-based apprenticeship programme.