Personal & Professional Development (bite-sized HE module course)Course Code: PDVUP Learning Aim Code: Z0001990 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time bite-sized HE course - a module from the BTEc HNC/D in Engineering Duration: 8 weeks - one day per week (also available as distance learning option) Campus: Paget Road
Is this the right course for me?
If you work in the engineering industry and want to improve your skills in order to enhance your promotion prospects, this short course (a module from the HNC/HND in engineering) will develop your ability to organise, manage and practise a range of approaches to improve performance on a personal and professional level.
The unit will address your individual development needs and will look at how better self-management corresponds with effective team work to meet objectives.
You will e able to improve your own learning, be involved in teamwork and be more capable of problem solving through the use of case studies, role play and real-life activities.
What will I learn?
During this course you will be able to:
- Understand how self-managed learning can enhance lifelong development
- Take responsibility for your own personal and professional development
- Implement and continually review your own personal and professional development plan
- Demonstrate acquired interpersonal and transferable skills
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will be able to :
- Evaluate approaches to self managed learning
- Propose ways in which lifelong learning in personal and professional contexts could be encouraged
- Evaluate the benefits of self-managed learning to yourself and your organisation
- Evaluate your current skills and competencies against professional standards and organisational objectives
- Identify your own development needs and the activities required to meet them
- Identify development opportunities to meet your current and future defined needs
- Devise a personal and professional development plan based on identified needs
- Discuss the processes and activities required to implement your development plan
- Undertake and document development activities as planned
- Reflect critically on your own learning against original aims and objectives set in the development plan
- Update the development plan based on feedback and evaluation
- Select solutions to work-based problems
- Communicate in a variety of styles and appropriate manner at various levels
- Evaluate and use effective time management strategies
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next?
Completion of the module will enable you to:
What are the Entry Requirements?
As this module is part of an HNC/D qualification, you are required to be over 18 years of age and have the following qualifications:
- Mature students will be considered in light of relevant work/life experience- Non-EU students are required to have an IELTS or equivalent university qualification