Plumbing C&G 7202 Diploma Level 1Course Code: PL1DP Learning Aim Code: 60100874 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One year Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
Every household or business needs to call on a plumber for help from time to time to install or repair the maze of pipework, tubing and fixtures that deliver drinking water, provide heating, and remove waste.
Learning basic plumbing skills will prepare you for a great career in a growing industry so if you’re aged 16-19 and want a career as a Plumber, look no further!
The course gives you the basic knowledge and skills in plumbing and heating mechanical services areas which will enable you to progress to the Level 2 course or become an Apprentice.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Plumbing science
- Installation, repair and maintenance of Plumbing Systems
- Site preparation for working in the Construction Industry
- Health and safety
- Individual modules on Above Ground Drainage, Copper Pipe, Plastic Pressure Pipe and Low Carbon Steel
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of basic hot and cold water plumbing systems
- Learn the working principles
- Develop an appreciation for the range of knowledge and skills required to meet industry standards
- Develop your confidence in dealing with various practical tasks and theory applications
- Improve your skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group activities
How will I be assessed?
You'll be assessed on your practical skills and the knowledge you gain by completing practical tasks and theory paper-based exams
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to progress to the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies which will then enable you to gain employment as a plumber’s mate or improver.
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade G or above
- A minimum Entry Level 3 in literacy and numeracy and a commitment to the course
- A short hand written (50 words) assessment of your English skills
- An interview to be considered for this course
- A strong interest in their chosen programme of study
- The commitment to work towards improving English and maths as part of the programme
For adult learners there are no formal qualifications required, although you will be required to attend an initial maths and English assessment on entry to identify any areas that you may need assistance with