Plumbing Level 3Course Code: PL3DP Learning Aim Code: 60054979 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One year Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
Are you passionate about construction or interested in working in the construction industry?
Have you got previous work experience or completed a Level 2 plumbing or building services qualification?
If you have answered yes to these two questions then this is the course for you!
This course is perfect for anyone who has aspirations of becoming a plumber. Whether you have recently left school or want to make a career change this course will prepare you to work in the industry and qualify you to work as a plumber’s mate within this industry.
This is a one year course which can be studied full-time.
We have an 87% success rate on this course and excellent feedback from our past students.
Our construction centre is the perfect place for you to develop your skills and knowledge of the construction profession. We have fully equipped, specialist workshops containing industry standard equipment, meaning you are able to develop your knowledge to a high level. You will also be taught by tutors who have a wealth of industry experience, and who will help you get to grips with this fast-paced industry.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Principles of environmental technology systems
- Plumbing system installation planning
- Complex cold water systems
- Domestic hot water
- Sanitation and drainage systems
- Central heating systems
- Domestic gas principles
- Career awareness in building services engineering
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of basic plumbing, electrical and refrigeration systems
- Learn the working principles
- Develop an appreciation for the range of knowledge and skills required to meet industry standards
- Develop your confidence in dealing with various practical tasks and theory applications
- Improve your skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group activities
How will I be assessed?
You'll be assessed on your practical skills and the knowledge you gain by completing practical tasks, online multiple choice tests and written assignments.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to pursue a career as a plumber or gas engineer. We have a dedicated Gas Centre at the college where you can enhance your skills with industry specific qualifications.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Successful completion of a full Level 2 Plumbing qualification.