Basic Reflexology Diploma Level 2 (part-time)Course Code: RF2DP-1P5A Learning Aim Code: Full-time / Part-time: Part-time - 4 hours per week (Thursday evening) plus independent home study* Duration: 16 weeks - (9/2/17- 22/6/17) Campus: Metro One
Is this the right course for me?
- A qualified beauty therapist interested in complimentary therapies?
- Working in a salon and wanting to increase revenue by expanding the range of services offered?
- Interested in changing career and training as a reflexologist?
- Interested in alternative therapies and keen to know more?
- Impressed with improvements you’ve noticed after receiving reflexology and want to learn how to do treatments yourself?
If the answer to any of the above questions is ‘yes’ then the Level 2 Diploma in Basic Reflexology is is the course for you!
The part-time course has been designed to fit around other home or work commitments and you will attend college one evening per week for 16 weeks. In addition you will have access to a ‘virtual tutor’ - via email or video calling – for one hour per week (on Tuesdays 2pm-3pm) to guide you through the course and support you with assignmetns and case studies.
You will train in the beauty academy at the Metro One campus which has dedicated treatment rooms, as well as a hairdressing salon, restaurant and bakery. All of the facilities are run as commercial businesses and open to the public so as well as learning new skills you will also gain valuable experience of working with real clients in a busy city centre salon.*You will need to be able to commit to around 100 hours of independent home study to practice your skills and complete case studies of 10 clients which is a required element of the course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Introduction to the principles and practices of complimentary therapies
- Introduction to clinic services and business awareness for complimentary therapies
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology for complimentary therapies
- Providing basic reflexology treatments
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will
- Develop the skills needed to carry our reflexology treatments
- Understand the benefits of reflexology as a treatment
- Consultation techniques for working with a range of clients
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme in the following ways
- Observation of practical sessions
- Case studies
- Online tests to assess your knowledge
What can I do next?
Successful completion of the course will enable you to progress to:
- Level 3 diploma in basic reflexology
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this course however a background or qualifications in beauty therapy would be advantageous.