Sports Coaching Diploma Level 3Course Code: Learning Aim Code: 60039310 Full-time / Part-time: Full time Duration: 1 year Campus: WELLINGTON
Is this the right course for me?
Enhance your opportunities! Continue to pursue Sport and complete the second year of the 90 credit Diploma to top up your BTEC. The course is designed to develop your understanding on Coaching, Fitness and Sports Development. You will learn about the body in Sport, exercise and fitness and preparing for working in the industry. You will develop occupational skills such as teamwork, effective communication and problem solving. The course will allow you to progress into employment or progress onto the HNC/HND.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Development
- Practical team sports
- Practical individual sports
- Sports Nutrition
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Physical education and the care of children and young people
- Work Experience in Sport
- Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
- The athlete's lifestyle
- Profiling Sports Performance
- Develop your understanding on key anatomical structure & function
- Learn how to develop training programmes for specific groups
- Develop your confidence in dealing with work related issues
- Understand how to apply your skills to areas of the industry
- Improve your knowledge and understanding within key training principles
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in events such as the college Olympics
- Pass your BTEC Sport Extended Diploma (Having completed your 90-Credit Diploma first).
- Achieve a pass on your Functional skills in Maths/English, or IT at the level you are working at.
- Have maintained excellent attendance (90% and above).
- Have shown a positive attitude towards your studies throughout the year including positive reports from subject tutors.
- Successfully complete all additional qualifications within your programme.
- Sports Scientist
- Sports Coach
- Sports Development Officer
- Sports Psychologist
- PE Teacher
- Leisure Management
- Five GCSE passes (A-C) to include English and ideally Maths, PE and Science
- Or BTEC First Diploma at Merit (equivalent)
- Or NVQ Level 2 Coaching at Pass both with Level 2 Key Skills in Communication
- Police declarations, CRB and suitable references
- Acceptance on course subject to a curriculum interview
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
On your course you will also have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills to make you more employable, including English and maths
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment.
This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress, it will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
What can I do next?
You may progress directly onto the Extended Diploma as a year 2 option and then gain a place of study on our HNC Sport programme here at the college as a direct progression route onto Level 4 when you have completed the BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport.
For you to progress on to higher education programme in Sport, you must -
Careers in Sport:
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have: