Sport Diploma BTEC Level 2Course Code: EH2DP Learning Aim Code: 60086312 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: 1 year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Enhance your Sporting expertise with the level 2 diploma! This qualification will develop your comprehension, subject matter and concepts of sport. The course aims to provide you with knowledge and a platform to progress onto the level 3 programme. The course aims to provide many opportunities to study sport which directly relates to the needs of employers in specific areas of the sport and recreation industry. Students can retake English or Maths at GCSE alongside this course if needed.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Fitness for Sport and Exercise External
- Practical Sports Performance Internal
- Carrying Out a Sports-related Project Internal
- The Mind and Sports Performance Internal
- The Sports Performer in Action Internal
- Training for Personal Fitness Internal
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Performance
- Leading Sports Activities Internal
- Promotion and Sponsorship in Sport Internal
- Lifestyle and Well-being Internal
- Injury and the Sports Performer Internal
- Running a Sports Event Internal
- The Sport and Active Leisure Industry Internal
- Profiling Sports Performance
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding on key anatomical structure & function
- Learn how to develop training programmes for specific groups
- Develop your confidence in dealing with work related issues
- Understand how to apply your skills to areas of the industry
- Improve your knowledge and understanding within key training principles
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in events such as the college Olympics
- On your course you will also have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills to make you more employable, including English and maths.
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment.
What can I do next?
Successful completion of the qualification will enable you to:
- Progress directly on to the 90 Credit Diploma in Sport or Personal Training
- Pursue a career as a sports scientist, physiotherapist, sports coach, sports development officer, sports psychologist, PE teacher or leisure manager
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you will require:
- Five or more GCSEs at Grade D or above including
- OR BTEC First Diploma at Merit or Level 2 Coaching at Pass, both with Level 2 Key Skills in Communication
- Police Declarations, CRB and suitable references will be required