Computer Game Storytelling Techniques (bite-sized HE course)Course Code: STVUP Learning Aim Code: Z0001956 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time bite-sized HE Course - a module from the HNC/D in creative media production Duration: Six months - one two-hour session per week Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you want a career in the computer games industry, or already work in the sector and want to improve your skills in developing narrative-driven computer games, this short part-time course – a module from the HNC/D in Creative Media Production syllabus – will enable you to develop a sophisticated understanding of game story writing techniques and give you the skills needed to write story and dialogue.
You will originate and develop characters and game story ideas and produce computer game dialogue, working in a collaborative environment with other students to produce a well thought out computer game story.
What will I learn?
Studying this module will enable you to:
- Analyse computer game storytelling
- Create story for computer games
- Create computer game story dialogue
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next?
Completion of the module will enable you to:
- Use the skills you have gained in the workplace
- Continue with further study and progress to the HNC/D in Games Development which could lead to jobs in games programming and development, games animation, games production, concept art, marketing, games level design and web development
What are the Entry Requirements?
As this module is part of an HNC/D qualification, you are required to be over 18 years of age and have the following qualifications:
- Two A Levels - preferably one in English OR
- BTec certificate or diploma in Games Design/Development
- Mature students will be considered in light of relevant work/life experience- Non-EU students are required to have an IELTS or equivalent university qualification