Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Certificate Level 2Course Code: SUTCE Learning Aim Code: 5011136X Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year - Autumn and Spring Intakes Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
Are you passionate about learning?
Do you have caring qualities that make you want to support others learning?
Then this course is right for you!
This course is appropriate for those who are working or wish to work in a supporting role to teaching staff in a school setting.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- The knowledge and skills needed when supporting teaching and learning in the school environment
- Gain invaluable work experience by volunteering for a minimum of one day at school
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain a recognised qualification at Level 2 to gain employment in that role
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the 11 units required to compete the qualification, both by your assessor and your college tutor. You will create a portfolio of evidence using a range of the following methods: Written evidence, case studies, a reflective diary, being observed in placement.
What can I do next?
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to:
- Be working at Level 1 or have achieved Level 1 in English and maths and be prepared to work towards Level 2
- Provide a letter from a school of your choice confirming that you have secured a placement of at least one day per week (or two half days) for the duration of the course
- Attend an interview to determine your interest, commitment and suitability for the course
- Have valid and current DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance