Travel & Tourism Level 2: Cabin Crew, Aviation and TourismCourse Code: TT2CE Learning Aim Code: 60102330 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you love travel, then why not make a career of it?
Travel and tourism is one of the world’s fastest growing industries, and offers a huge variety of career opportunities. If you have a lively and enquiring mind, and want to combine your love of people and places with your passion for organisation and customer service this course will help your career take off!
This course will give you an excellent introduction to the travel and tourism industry and help you learn the essential skills you need to progress on to a higher-level programme.
While completing this programme you will grow in confidence as you acquire a range of skills that are recognised and highly valued by employers, such as planning trips to European and worldwide travel destinations, exploring marketing, cruise destinations, travel agency operations and customer services.
You’ll gain essential practical skills which will be enhanced by a range of visits to key travel and tourism organisations and learn from key industry representatives who will share their expertise and knowledge.
Trips include visiting Birmingham Airport as well as the British Airways training academy, to get the chance to train amongst current cabin crew staff.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Introduction to cabin crew
- Airports and airlines
- The UK travel and tourism industry
- UK destinations
- Developing the travel and tourism customer experience
- The development of travel and tourism in the UK
- International travel and tourism destinations
- Factors affecting worldwide travel and tourism
- Travel and tourism business environments
- UK travel agency operations
- The cruise industry
- Promotion and sales in travel and tourism
- Airports and airlines
- Holiday representatives
- UK visitor attractions
- Work experience in travel and tourism
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain an understanding of the holiday industry
- Gain an introduction to cabin crew life
- Understand the role of cabin crew in terms of safety and procedures
- Develop knowledge on the functional aspects of UK and international airports
- Gain an understanding of the sectors of the industry and learn how the component industries work together
- Develop an appreciation for the importance of excellent customer service in the sector
- Develop your confidence and improve your skills in dealing with a range of customer types
- Understand the factors that affect tourism around the world
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in planning trips and holidays for customers
- Gain the opportunity to study in more depth a range of areas such as different holiday and cruise destinations, airports and airline operations, marketing travel and tourism products and services and travel agency operations
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, assignments, reports and marketing and event presentation materials.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career at a junior level in a range of travel and tourism sectors such as as cabin crew, a holiday representative, a tour guide, travel agent, handling agent, airport staff and many more in the UK or overseas
- Progress onto the Level 3 BTEC 90-Credit Diploma in Travel & Tourism.
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have: Four or more GCSEs at Grade E or above (including English and maths) or successful completion of a full level 1 study programme