Travel & Tourism BTEC Diploma Level 1Course Code: TT1DP Learning Aim Code: 50065385 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you wish to work in the exciting world of travel, then you can get off to a flying start with this course!
This course will give you a good introduction to the travel and tourism industry and give you the essential skills you need to progress on to a higher-level programme.
You will learn customer support and marketing, as well as the tourism sector in the UK and beyond, and have the opportunity to progress on to work as cabin crew, event planners, travel consultants, in tourist centres, or in tour guiding, amongst many more.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- The UK travel and tourism sector UK travel and tourism destinations
- Delivering the travel and tourism customer experience
- The development of travel and tourism in the UK
- International travel and tourism destinations
- Factors affecting worldwide travel and tourism
- Travel and tourism business environments Optional Units:
- Airports and airlines
- Travel and tourism research project
- Work-related experience in travel and tourism
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain customer service experience
- Improve your destination knowledge
- Develop communication and work skills experience
- Develop the skills of a Holiday Rep
- Learn about marketing and business
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer sessions, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment.
This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress, it will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress directly onto Level 2 BTEC Travel & Tourism course
- Progress onto further education programmes in travel
- Pursue a careers in travel & tourism as cabin crew, a holiday rep, courier, travel agent, children
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements to access this course however an interest in the subject and keenness to study is essential. Acceptance on the course is subject to an interview. If you want to progress to Level 2 you will need to successfully complete this level along with the required level for English and Maths.