Travel & Tourism BTEC Diploma Level 3Course Code: TVLDP Learning Aim Code: 60065394 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Are you passionate about travel? Do you want an exciting career where you could travel the world, meet new people and visit international travel destinations?
Then this course could take you there!
While completing this programme you will grow in confidence as you acquire a range of skills that are recognised and highly valued by employers and universities, such as planning trips to European and Worldwide travel destinations, exploring marketing, cruise destinations, Travel Agency operations and customer services.
You’ll gain essential practical skills which will be enhanced by a range of visits to key travel and tourism organisations and learn from key industry representatives who will share their expertise and knowledge.
If you have a lively and enquiring mind and want to study a course that is active and enjoyable then this is the course for you.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Investigating the travel and tourism sector
- The business of travel and tourism UK as a destination
- Customer service in travel and tourism Optional Units include a selection from:
- Marketing travel and tourism products and services
- Preparing for employment in travel and tourism
- European destinations Long-haul travel destinations
- Retail travel operations
- Investigating the cruise industry
- Specialist tourism UK visitor attractions
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of the developments that have shaped the current tourism sector
- Learn how the component industries work together
- Develop an appreciation for the importance of excellent customer service in the sector
- Develop your confidence and improve your skills in dealing with a range of customer types
- Understand the factors that affect tourism around the world
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in planning trips and holidays for customers
- Gain the opportunity to study in more depth a range of areas such as different holiday and cruise destinations, visitor attractions and tourism career roles
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, assignments, reports and marketing and event presentation materials.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in a range of travel and tourism sectors such as as cabin crew, a holiday representative, a tour guide, travel agent, a handling agent, airport staff and many more in the UK or overseas
- Progress into Higher Education to study Tourism Management, Travel and Tourism Events Management, Adventure Tourism Management, Travel Journalism or Festival and Event Management
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have: Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English and maths (specified which for some courses), or successful completion of the Level 2 BTEC First Diploma in Travel and Tourism at Grade Merit or above