Uniformed Public Services BTEC Diploma Level 1Course Code: PS1DP Learning Aim Code: 5007541X Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Launch your career in the Uniform Public Services! If you have not enjoyed school but always had that desire for a career in any of the Public Services, this Level 1 course is your first step. This course is designed to equip you with a foundation for a career in the armed forces, police service, fire service, ambulance service, prison service, security, revenue and customs, leisure or youth and community work.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study a variety of units including:
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain vital team building skills
- Improve your communication skills
- Develop skills in navigation
- Improve your fitness
- Learn how to plan and lead a team
- Take part in expeditions
- Lean basic first aid
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer sessions, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment.
This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress, it will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
What can I do next?
This skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress directly onto BTEC Level 2 Public Services course
- Progress onto further education programmes in Uniformed Public Services, after passing the BTEC Public Services Diploma, achieving a pass on your functional skills in Maths/English maintaining an excellent attendance record, showing a positive attitude and successfully completing all additional qualifications
- Pursue a career in sport, the police service, the armed forces, the fire servie, prison service, security, revenue and customs or youth and community work
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements to access this course however an interest in the subject and keenness to study is essential. Acceptance on the course is subject to an interview. If you want to progress to Level 2 you will need to successfully complete this level along with the required level for English and Maths.