Using Photoshop Level 1 Award – University of Arts London Awarding BodyCourse Code: PHTAW Learning Aim Code: 60132668 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
Adobe Photoshop is the professional image-editing software used by professional photographers and graphic designers today. Through this course you will learn the toolset and a range of creative skills which will enable you to get the most out of your software. You will study a range of functions and how to apply those skills to your own photography and graphic designs enabling you to produce and customise your own images through a range of creative techniques.
The course is accredited by the University of the Arts London Awarding Body (UAL). City of Wolverhampton College is the only college in the Black Country, and one of only a few in the Midlands, to be accredited and offer qualifications from University of Arts London. UAL is a specialist awarding body offering up-to-date qualifications in the creative industries. It is owned by, and based within, University of the Arts London.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- The fundamental processes and techniques for digital image manipulation
- Composition, exposure, colour correction, retouching, levels, selections, layers, filters, perspective, channels, hue/saturation and masking techniques as well as saving the work using appropriate file formats for print output or screen based presentation such as websites
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain skills in selection techniques, colour correction and spot colour
- Learn about retouching, filters, layers and layer blending options
- Learn about smart objects and smart filters
- Developing skills in masking techniques
- Improve your skills in aligning, blending and scaling content
- Learn about advanced tips and shortcuts
- Find out about hue/saturation, levels, brightness/contrast, perspective, exposure and scale
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Gain excellent experience and skills if you are wishing to pursue further study in the art and design, photography or graphic design subject area
- Find out about this area as a career or vocation
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Level 2 in Literacy
- Level 1 in your chosen area or some experience and knowledge of arts and crafts
- Basic use of Photoshop is desirable but not mandatory, though you will need to have knowledge of the basic functions of a computer such as opening and saving etc