Welding Skills C&G Award Level 2Course Code: WLUCE Learning Aim Code: Z0001840 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 15 Weeks Campus: Paget Road anpus
Is this the right course for me?
If you work in the fabrication and welding industry and want to improve your skills, would like to get more experience before applying for a job, or work in another area of engineering and want to develop your practical skills this is the course for you!
The course will further your understanding of the welding process and develop your skills in MIG, TIG and MMA welding and complex joining techniques.
This is a 15 week part-time evening course.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Setting up and closing down procedures of welding equipment
- Intermediate MMA, MIG or TIG welding techniques and joints
- Health and safety in a welding workshop
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will gain:
- An understanding of the engineering profession
- Knowledge of welding processes
- Skills in welding basic joints
- Ability to tackle more complex tasks
- Skills in joining a range of materials
- An understanding of fault analysis
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation or practical tasks
- Written assessment
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Gain a job in the industry as a welding operative
- Pursue an engineering apprenticeship
- Progress to a Level 3 qualification in welding
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Level 1 award in welding