Certificate in Women’s Hairdressing Level 2 (part-time)Course Code: HD2CE Learning Aim Code: 50090525 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 24 weeks (September to March) - Thursdays 11am-9pm Campus: Metro One Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are passionate about a career in hairdressing this course will teach you skills and knowledge you need to become qualified and gain an exciting job in the industry.
Your skills will enable you to take a client on a journey from entering the salon, to carrying out a range of different techniques such as colouring, cutting and styling and recommending and selling the correct products to them.
You will also learn important customer service skills and gain an understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
On completion of the course you will be able to apply for a job in the industry or progress to a higher level qualification.
We offer a fantastic, well-designed working salon environment supported by our inspirational and experienced staff who will help you to develop your skills and knowledge.
You will have the chance to take part in local and national competitions - such as Wella Exposure – visit the Salon International exhibition in London, and take part in other enrichment activities which will give you further experience of the industry and look good on your CV.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Working in the hair industry
- Client consultation
- Shampoo and condition hair and scalp
- Cut Women's hair
- Change hair colour
- The art of dressing hair
- Communication skills for working with a range of people
- Health and safety in the salon
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop skills in cutting, colouring and styling
- Develop your confidence in dealing with a wide range of clients
- Understand how different services work and are carried out
- Develop your understanding of the health and safety requirements to work in the industry
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme in the following ways:
- Practical observation
- Online testing
- Oral questioning
What can I do next?
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Gain employment in a salon
- Pursue a hairdressing apprenticeship
- Progress to a Level 3 hairdressing qualification
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above OR
- Successful completion of a Level 1 programme