BPEC Domestic Hot Water Storage Systems (Unvented)
Course Code UHWCEZ0001984
Study Mode Part Time
Duration One Day
Campus Wellington Road Campus
This course aims to help plumbers and heating engineers who want to install vented and unvented domestic hot water storage systems to comply with the appropriate building regulations and standards and will demonstrate your competence so you can either join a competent persons' scheme allowing the self-certification of installations, or to notify the local building control department prior to commencing work.
The BPEC Assessments undertaken at our Wellington Road Campus provide the qualifications required for engineers to become registered.
This is a one day course.
To access this course you will need a recognised trade qualification, be working towards one, or have evidence of, a number of years experience in the plumbing or heating industry.
During this course you will study:
- Vented and unvented systems and their operating principles
- Design and installation
- Compliance with other building regulations
By studying this course you will:
- Understand the requirements of Section G3 of the building regulations relating to the design, installation and service and maintenance of unvented hot water storage systems and how to comply with the regulations
- Identify typical faults associated with the installation or maintenance of unvented hot water systems
- Understand the requirements of Part L1 of the building regulations detailing conservation of fuel and power as they relate to the design, installation and service and maintenance of hot water and central heating systems
Assessments normally consist of a combination of practical and theory examinations. The very comprehensive course starts with intensive training in the four modules, followed by the completion of three assessments including one practical. Candidates must successfully pass all three assessments to gain the BPEC Domestic Hot Water Storage Systems certificate and competency card.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to work towards level 2 and level 3 plumbing and heating courses.
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |