Bricklaying Level 1
Course Code BW1DP60080528
Study Mode Full Time
Duration One Year
Campus Wellington Road Campus
Would you like to work on a construction site?
Take your first step towards a career as a bricklayer in the construction industry with this very practical qualification.
This course is designed for learners interested in starting a career within the construction industry. You will carry out your practical training in our dedicated construction centre, learning skills such as how to construct walls, basic bricklaying, constructing walls for houses, and how to read drawings and position buildings It will provide you with the necessary practical skills and knowledge to progress to a Level 2 Diploma and possible employment.
Construction Certificates are nationally recognized craft qualifications and are accepted in the construction industry. Craft qualifications are in units, which can be studied in any sequence. These qualifications are required for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
To access this course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade G or above
- A minimum Entry Level 3 in literacy and numeracy and a commitment to the course
- A short hand written (50 words) assessment of your English skills
- An interview to be considered for this course
- A strong interest in their chosen programme of study
- The commitment to work towards improving English and maths as part of the programme
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Contribute to setting out and building of masonry structures up to damp proof course
- Carrying out blocklaying activities
- Carrying out cavity walling activities
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about bricklaying techniques in practical and theory sessions
- Find out about health and safety on construction sites and how important it is
- Develop your communication skills
- Improve your numeracy and literacy skills to prepare you for a life in construction
Your progress will be continually assessed and you will be provided with detailed feedback in order to help you to develop your skills. Your progress will be evaluated through a combination of practical assessments, job related multiple choice assessments at the end of each unit and external tests that are on-line computer based examinations. To gain the diploma you must be successful in achieving all units and passing the synoptic practical test.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to progress onto the Diploma Level 2 in Bricklaying.
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |