Theraputic Counselling Diploma Level 5
Course Code CNSDP60022930
Study Mode Part Time
Duration Two Years
Campus Paget Road Campus
Are you passionate about your vocation and passing your skills and expertise on to others, and thinking about a career in counselling?
Then this two year part-time course is right for you!
This course is ideal for anyone who is planning a career in counselling as well as progression onto an academic higher education course. The programme will also equip you with a range of skills and knowledge required for a career in this field.
In addition to a classroom setting, you will be expected to undertake a minimum of 100 hours of work experience giving you the opportunity to apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom.
We have a 98% success rate on this course and excellent feedback from our past students. In fact, some of our past students have gone on to take up posts as school counsellors, family support managers, independent counsellors, and specialist counsellors.
To access this course you are required to have:
- A Level 3 qualification in counselling
- Identified a placement
- You will also need to be sure that you have no current live issues which could affect your counselling practice. Please speak to a tutor if you are unsure
During this course you will study:
- Person-centred approaches to counselling
- Counselling skills, development and practice
- Continuing personal development
- Human development in relation
- Client work in therapeutic counselling
- Comparative theories and approaches
- Counselling for loss and grief
- Counselling clients who have experienced abuse
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of developing counselling theory and practice
- Learn how to develop yourself to enable you to practice counselling safely and effectively
- Develop your confidence in working with a variety of clients
- Understand how to apply theory to practice for different client groups
- Develop, improve and reflect on your counselling skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the modules on the programme. There are several components to the assessment: Written and practical assessment and observations of counselling practice in both years, by peers and tutor
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in counselling
- Progress on to a counselling degree
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |