Award in Education and Training Level 3 (QCF)
Course Code EDTAW60095544
Study Mode Part Time
Campus Paget Road Campus
Are you passionate about your vocation and passing your skills and expertise on to others?
Thinking about a career in post compulsory education or training?
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching and training sessions and how to assess and give constructive and developmental feedback.
Successful completion of the qualification will give you a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. You will be able to sequence learning, plan and deliver sessions using appropriate resources and teaching methods, and identify the characteristics of effective assessment and feedback.
We have a very high success rate on this course and excellent feedback from our past students, many of whom have gone on to teaching or training roles, progressed to the Certificate in Education / Professional Graduate Certificate in Education, or gained lecturing positions in the lifelong learning sector.p>
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however you must:
- be considering a subject for delivery and be aiming to achieve, or have achieved, a qualification and/or have experience in that subject/skill at the appropriate level
- Demonstrate that you are working at level 2 or have achieved level 3 in English, maths and ICT*
- Attend an interview to determine your suitability, commitment and interest for the programme
*If your literacy and numeracy skills are at a basic level we may recommend that you upskill in these areas before progressing to this course.
During this course you will study:
- The roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Assessment of learners
- Facilitating learning and development for individuals
- Facilitating learning and development in groups
- Understanding principles and practices of assessment
By studying this course you will:
- Have the opportunity to develop a wide range of teaching, learning and assessment skills /li>
- Develop wider skills needed to begin your journey into successful and effective teaching
- Improve your team working skills
- Develop your presentation and communication skills and become an active listener
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Written assignments
- Group presentations
- Micro teach activity
The skills you will learn in this course will enable you to progress on to:
- Certificate in Education / Professional Graduate Certificate in Education
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |