Occupational Health and Safety Practice NVQ Level 5 Diploma
Course Code HSAN550118183
Study Mode Part Time
Duration Six Days
Campus Telford Campus | In-house
The NVQ Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice is aimed at people who have Health and Safety responsibility in the workplace. This professional qualification can be gained without significant time away from the workplace.
The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English. Ideally learners should possess a NEBOSH Level 3 or above qualification but not essential.
During this course you will study:
- Effective communication systems for Health & Safety information
- How to promote a positive Health & Safety culture
- Developing and maintaining individual organisational competence in Health & Safety matters
- Health & Safety risks
- Pro-active monitoring systems for Health & Safety
- Re-active monitoring systems for Health & Safety
- Health & Safety emergency response systems and procedures
- Health & Safety review systems
- Improvements to influence Health & Safety practice
- How to develop and implement the Health & Safety policy
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of how your actions and responsibilities contribute to Health and Safety in the workplace
- Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence
- Learn how to identify and define hazards and risks, how to produce risk assessments and risk control
- Learn how to develop and implement effective communication systems
- Learn how to develop and implement a Health and Safety policy within the workplace
- Understand investigating accidents and incidents
- Understand how to improve the safety performance in your workplace and how Health and Safety plays an active part in protecting the environment
- Understand how to maintain knowledge and improvements of Health and Safety Practice
Assessment is in the form of continual informal assessment throughout the five days and a formal assessment on completion of the five days in the workplace. Learners will be expected to build a portfolio of evidence throughout the duration of the course.
After successfully completing this course you could progress onto a Level 6 or above (Bachelor degree).
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |