Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in Sport (QCF) (Coaching and Sports Development)
Study Mode Full-time
Duration One Year
Campus Wellington Road Campus
Kick start your coaching career with this industry-recognised university-level higher education course!
This qualification is designed to develop your understanding of the principles of coaching, fitness testing, ethics and values in sport, nutritional guidance, the body in sport, working with children and practical sport.
The skills you will learn will enable you to progress on to a full degree or go straight into work in this rewarding area of sport.
To access this course you are required to have:
- At least two A Levels preferably in sport or science OR
- BTEC National Certificate / BTEC National Diploma in Sport or related discipline
Mature students will be considered in light of relevant work and life experience
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Applied sports coaching
- The evolution of sports development
- The sport and leisure industry
In addition you will study from a selection of optional units:
- Anatomy and physiology for sport and exercise
- Sport and exercise psychology
- Biomechanics for sport
- Nutrition for sport and exercise
- Training and fitness for sport and exercise
- Principles of sports coaching
- Managing sports development
- Sport and society
- Physical activity, lifestyle and wellbeing
- Work-based experience
- Personal and professional development
- Skill acquisition in sport
- Law and sport and leisure operations
- Injury prevention and treatment in sport and exercise
- Analysis of sports performance
- Sport and exercise massage
- Sport and exercise for specific groups
- Sport and exercise rehabilitation
- Employability Skills
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment.
This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress. It will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
The skills you have learnt from this course will enable you to:
- Progress to a HND qualification in sport
- With further training, pursue a career as a sports scientist, physiotherapist, sports coach, sports development officer, sports psychologist, PE Teacher or leisure manager
We have outstanding success rates on this course and excellent feedback from our past students. In fact, some of our past students have gone on to become sports coaches, personal trainers, sports development officers, teachers, physiotherapists and many more skilled jobs in sport. You will be working within our excellent facilities in order to develop your skills and knowledge in sport.
While you are on this course you will get to visit St Georges Park, leading fitness centres, fitness events across the West Midlands, the Employer Roadshow and Active College events.
We also have guest speakers who we invite in to college to enhance your learning. These have included Darren Garwood, Matt Murray and Dave Heeley.
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |