Access to A Levels - Science Pathway
Course Code GLEVP
Study Mode Full-time
Duration One Year
Campus Paget Road Campus
If you want to do A Levels but haven't got the right grades for the subjects you want to study then this is the course for you!
The Access to A Levels programme will give you the opportunity to study a range of GCSEs, including English and maths, so that you can progress to the college's A Level courses next year.
The programme enables you to follow one of two pathways - humanities or science - depending on the subjects you wish to study and will open doors to further and higher education opportunities or progression to university.
To access the course you will require four GCSEs at Grade D or above (including English and maths)
During the course you will study:
- GCSE English
- GCSE maths
- Science GCSEs (including biology, chemistry, physics and psychology)
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about the English language
- Develop your understanding of writing techniques
- Learn how to interpret information for different meanings
- Functional elements of maths
- Nature of science and scientific processes
- Relationships between hypotheses, evidence, theories and explanations
- Observational, practical, modeling, enquiry and problem solving skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group activities
- Problem solving
- Analysis and evaluation skills
All GCSEs are assessed through exams and controlled assessments.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to apply for the college's A Level programme
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2017 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |