Financial Support 19-23

Aged 19-23?
Not sure you can afford to come to college? You could be eligible for financial support…

What is Financial Support?

Financial support is available to students who face the greatest barriers to entering, continuing and succeeding in Further Education. For students who are 19-23 and studying their first level 3 or below, funds are provided by the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) to colleges and then distributed to those students whose effective participation in education and training may not be possible without the provision of appropriate levels of financial support.

Can I apply?

Yes, if the household income is £25,000 or below per year and you are on an eligible course. Please speak to a member of staff in the college’s Student Hub for more information.

What financial support is on offer?

The fund can offer support with the following:
• Tuition/exam fees for part-time courses (please note this is only if you are eligible for funding – you need to refer to the Student Eligibility for Funding form as there may be other routes of funding for you. The course must also be eligible for funding, the student hub can advise you on this.)
• Travel
• Childcare

What do I need to do?

You will need to complete a Financial Support Application Form available from the Student Hub. Alternatively, you can download it here.
Once you have completed the application, it must be submitted to the Student Hub along with proof of household income. Please refer to the application form for evidence required as proof of household income.
Please note that all information supplied to the college remains confidential.

Once your application has been received it will be assessed within 5 working days of receipt and if successful you will receive a letter providing details of your award. (Please be aware that this might not be possible in peak times (September), so the earlier you submit your application the better).

What happens next?

Once your application has been assessed, if you are eligible for funding you will be issued with an award letter, which you will need to sign in order to accept your award. The letter should be kept safe as you may need to present it again to confirm your award.

How will I receive my travel pass?

If you have been awarded a bus pass, or a scratch card day saver (if you are part-time), you will need to collect these from the Student Hub.

Please note that travel passes are issued to a student at the start of the course. Travel passes in terms two and three will be dependent upon your attendance and is monitored through the college’s online register system.

If you live outside the West Midlands please speak to the Student Hub and they will advise you about your travel, as the college is able to support other bus services such as Arriva.

If you have been awarded a bus pass you will need to bring two passport size photos with you. If you have been awarded scratch cards you will need to collect these from the Student Hub.

How do I apply for other financial support?

You will need to complete an additional application form (CF1) available from the Student Hub, which will need to be completed by yourself and the proposed childcare provider (only OFSTED registered providers can be used). Once the childcare application has been returned, we will continue the assessment.

Please note that until the childcare application has been received we are not able to progress with the assessment.

Once the childcare application has been submitted to the Student Hub, the form will be assessed and if successful a Service Level Agreement will be sent to the childcare provider, to sign and return. Once this has been done a letter confirming your childcare support will be sent to you and the childcare provider.

How will my childcare be paid?

The childcare provider will be advised to invoice the college and they will be paid in the form of a BACS payment.

*Please note that all the above are subject to change.

footer background division
Back to Top