Futures Pathways to Early Years
If you are interested in working with babies or young children this course will enable you to learn more about what is involved.
You will study at the Wellington Road campus in Bilston which has dedicated classrooms for early years courses that have lots of equipment and resources that you would find in nurseries or playgroups.
The course covers:
- – Parenting awareness
- – Developing skills for caring for children
- – The responsibilities of new parents
- – Providing a safe and hygienic environment for a young child
- – Routines for the young child
- – Playing and learning at home
- – Contraception information
- – English and maths
On completion of the course you will gain an Entry 3 Certificate which will enable you to progress to a Level 1 qualification in early years.
In addition, if you have special educational needs and/or an Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP) the course will provide the opportunity to develop skills linked to these.