Not in education, work or training?
Our L.A.S.E.R Programme is designed to get you thinking about your future!
The L.A.S.E.R Programme is a free training programme aimed at encouraging young people aged between 16 and 18 to think about their futures.
L.A.S.E.R stands for Learn, Achieve, Succeed, Engage and Reward.
Over 24 weeks students will take part in a range of activities that will give them the skills they need to move on to:
- An Apprenticeship
- A Traineeship
- Other college courses
L.A.S.E.R is a 24 week programme run over four days a week. The student will spend three days a week in class, learning employability skills and gaining the essential knowledge required for progression. One day a week will be spent in a curriculum area, where students will be able to explore possible career routes.
The programme will include:
- Qualifications in Literacy, Numeracy and ICT
- Taster sessions in areas such as hospitality and catering, motor vehicle, construction, sport, hair and beauty and creative arts.
- Team building and outdoor activities
- Employability skills including Active Citizenship
- Qualifications in Employability and Personal Development skills
- Work related short courses
- External project
- Work placement experience to develop transferable skills
- A dedicated in-class support worker
- A dedicated maths and English tutor
- Access to the college’s award winning Advice and Guidance team
- An in-house counsellor to assist with any issues
- Access to the college’s learning support team
- Financial assistance for travel and lunch*
- You become eligible for an NUS card
- Support from our award winning employer engagement team including a dedicated recruitment officer to help find you your ideal apprenticeship
- Specialist support with application forms and interview preparation to help you reach your next step
*Means tested, terms and conditions apply