Motor Vehicle Accident Body Repair C&G Level 2 Diploma
Course Code VB2DP50096898
Study Mode Part-time | Full-time | Full Time
Duration Two Years - (one day per week) | 36 weeks (two days per week) | 36 weeks
Campus Paget Road Campus | Paget Road Campus | Paget Road Campus
Get your motor vehicle career under starter's orders and gain the skills to become a body repair technician in a body repair shop with the Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Body Repair.
You will develop skills in removing and refitting bolt-on panels, welding, panel beating, filler repairs, paint preparation techniques, and basic paint applications, as well customer service and health and safety. You will also get the chance to work on a range of vehicles in a realistic working environment in our modern industry-standard workshop.
On successful completion of the course you will be able to apply for a job as a technician in a body repair shop, pursue an apprenticeship in the motor vehicle industry or progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Body Repair or another industry-related qualification.
We have a modern, well-equipped motor vehicle workshop where you will get the chance to use your practical skills by working on a range of different vehicles in a realistic working environment under the supervision of industry-qualified tutors.
Throughout the course you will have the opportunity to take part in a range of additional activities to enhance your learning such as industry visits, hearing from inspirational speakers, taking part in fundraising events and showcasing your talents in competitions.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Full-time applicants are required to have a Level 1 motor vehicle qualification
- Part-time applicants without the necessary qualification but with relevant industry experience will be considered on an individual basis
- All applicants will be required to attend an interview/assessment with a member of the college's admissions team
During this course you will study a range of modules from the following selection:
- Remove and refit vehicle body panels
- Cosmetic filler repair
- Mig welding joints
- Resistance spot welding
- Remove and refit mechanical electrical trim (MET) components
- Remove and refit interia trims
- Mig brazing joints
- Panel beating techniques
- Panel preparation for paint
- Basic paint application techniques
By studying this course you will:
- Learn how to replace body panels
- Carry out basic filler repairs
- Discover how to prepare and apply paint to panels
- Learn the importance of health and safety
- Improve your customer service skills
- Learn how to use Mig and spot welders
- Find out about the roles associated with vehicle repair after crash damage
Throughout the course you will be assessed through observation in practical sessions, written assessments, assignments, research and on-line tests.
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Gain a job as a body repair technician in a body repair shop
- Progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Body Repair
- Pursue an apprenticeship in the motor vehicle industry
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2020 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |