If you want to work with children and young people we offer a wide range of courses to equip you with specialist skills for a rewarding career in childcare or early years education.
You will gain valuable work experience in schools, nurseries and playgroups – giving you the chance to put what you are learning in the classroom into practice – and learn how to build relationships and trust with parents whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
You will practice making observations of children through the use of our extensive range of training DVDs, visit art galleries and parks to consider child-friendly activities, and meet professionals from a range of occupations at educational visits, childcare conferences and health fairs.
We have excellent achievement rates and many of our former students are now employed in roles in the childcare and early years sector.
Childcare and Early Years at a glance…
- Develop specialist knowledge and professional skills for working with different age groups and abilities
- Gain valuable work experience in schools, nurseries and playgroups
- Education visits to enhance your learning and develop your knowledge
- Excellent achievement rates
- Opportunities for progression to university-level higher education qualifications
- Opportunity to do work experience abroad through the Erasmus scheme
Study childcare and early years with us and take the first steps to a rewarding future career!