Performing Arts UAL Level 3 Diploma/Extended Diploma
Course Code PF3DP50068726
Study Mode Full Time
Duration Two Years
Campus Paget Road Campus
If acting, singing, dancing, or theatre production is your passion then you can take the first steps to an exciting career by studying at City of Wolverhampton College. From performing on stage, TV or film to dancing or choreography, there are so many career and progression opportunities in this exciting, dynamic and creative industry, all of which we will prepare you for while studying with us.
You will begin your first year of study on the University of Arts London (UAL) Awarding Body Diploma and then once successfully completed you will progress to your second year on the UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma, which is equivalent to three A Levels.
You will develop skills in acting techniques, performing arts business, dance performance, musical theatre, performing with masks, storytelling, scriptwriting and improvisation. You will get the chance to demonstrate your learning in our regular performing arts showcases and acting shows throughout the year - culminating in an end-of-year musical - as well as working with industry partners such as Zoonation Dance Company, Wolverhampton Grand Theatre and Vamos.
In addition, to enhance your learning, you will complete 30 hour of work experience or work-related activities during the course.
Our creative arts courses have been named the best in the country and earned the college a prestigious national award. We have been named Training Provider of the Year at the Creative and Cultural Skills Awards 2019! Our creative arts department is forward thinking, innovative, committed and that's why we have been nationally recognised.
Awarded Arts Mark Gold status by Arts Council England for our excellent courses and links with employers we pride ourselves on producing work-ready students equipped with the skills and knowledge to be a success in the industry.
The course is accredited by the University of the Arts London (UAL) Awarding Body. City of Wolverhampton College is the only college in the Black Country, and one of only a few in the Midlands, to be accredited and offer qualifications from University of Arts London. UAL is a specialist awarding body offering up-to-date qualifications in the creative industries. It is owned by, and based within, University of the Arts London.
To access this course you are required to:
- Have five or more GCSEs at Grade C / 4
- Attend an interview with a member of the college's admissions team
- Attend an audition and perform a suitable piece of your own choice
During this course you will study:
- Performance workshop
- Performing arts business
- The historical context of performance
- Rehearsing for performance
- Performing to an audience
- Musical theatre performance
- Tap dance
- Variety of performance
- Auditions for actors
- Principles for acting
- Performing with masks
- Singing techniques for performance
- Dance performance
- Urban dance
- Jazz dance
- Developing movement skills
- Theatre in education
By studying this course you will:
- Be part of a programme of study that has excellent pass rates
- Be taught by our enthusiastic, experienced and talented performing arts lecturing team
- Learn how to create character on stage
- Develop your overall self-confidence
- Work in groups to develop a performance
- Learn how to perform in musical theatre, or as a singer
- Learn how to develop and perform various dance styles
- Be able to create and utilise theatrical texts
- Improve your ability to discuss live productions and learn from theatre visits
- Understand how all of the skills you are learning can be applied in the industry
- Find out what performing arts opportunities are available
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in various shows
- Improve your employability skills
- Learn in a Creative Arts Department awarded 'Arts Mark Gold' by Arts Council England for the level and quality of our education provision in creative industries
The course is project/assignment based and assessment is continuous throughout the year both in lessons, set work and shows. Each unit will be assessed and awarded with a final grade of pass, merit or distinction. Some units may be subject to external assessment.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in acting, performance, presenting, choreography, dancing, singing, theatre production or stage management
- Progress on to our HND in Theatre and Venue Production
- Apply to university to study for a degree in a relevant subject
EMPLOYMENT BY REGION
© 2019 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |