This qualification has been developed for junior managers, supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity and who wish to build on and develop their existing management skills and knowledge. It is tailored specifically for leaders working for a social purpose (e.g. a charity, social enterprise or community organisation), and offers junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
The Chartered Institute of Management (CMI) is the only chartered professional body in the UK dedicated to promoting the highest standards of management and leadership excellence. With a member community of over 100,000, CMI gives managers and leaders, and their organisations, the skills they need to improve their performance and create an impact.
What are the benefits to a learner? You’ll learn:
- How to support and monitor goals
- How to provide instructions around objectives
- How to direct and guide your team
- How to support day-to-day operations
- How to effectively plan a project
- The roles and responsibilities required for managers and the skills needed to succeed as a manager
- The unique challenges of leading and managing for a social purpose
What are the benefits for an organisation?
- Ensure your teams can meet organisational objectives
- Provides a fully comprehensive bank of the knowledge and skills required to be a manager as part of an organisation with a social purpose
- The ability to apply learning in the context of the social sector
What else do I need to know?
- This course is assessed through assignments at the end of each module
- Ideally, you should have a level 2 qualification to undertake this course, but previous experience will be considered.
- Flexible start dates are available – the course will take one year to complete
- Modules will be delivered online
- Course fees will be discussed upon enquiry
For more information, please contact:
Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01902 836000 (Option 5)