Since 2010 the college has been offering work placements abroad under the Leonardo da Vinci and Erasmus+ mobility programmes.
These programmes have enabled students to travel and work with a number of different organisations in Italy, Spain, Germany and Portugal.
One real benefit of the programme is that it has enabled students to get an in depth insight into the working world as well as exceptional experience in a different culture.
This academic year, we will offer 90 students the chance to experience Florence in Italy and Braga in Portugal for 18 days. Whilst abroad, students will be placed in a company related to their area of study and complete a work placement. During their free time students get the chance to explore the local area as well as neighbouring towns and cities.
Eligible students must be 18+ and on one of the below courses.
The subject areas that are available for placements are:
- Travel and Tourism
- Creative Arts (including: Media, Music, Art & Design, Games, Photography and Performing Arts)
- Business Studies
- Hospitality and Catering
- Hair and Beauty
- Early Years
- Health and Social Care
A major benefit of the Erasmus+ Programme is that it is fully funded. Students do not have to pay for anything, this includes: travel, accommodation and food; it really is a fantastic opportunity! Some other benefits to students include the following:
- Builds confidence, communication, independence
- Chance to travel abroad and explore new cultures for free
- Gives you an edge with university applications and employers
- Work based skills; initiative, team working skills, decision making and problem solving
Take a look at our project blog for photographs and information about previous programmes.