Looking for an opportunity to develop your personal, social and employability skills?
Check out the range of course available below…
Do you have the qualifications required for an apprenticeship but need to improve your confidence and brush up on your employability skills?
You will learn how to develop skills to impress prospective employers and secure the apprenticeship in your chosen career field. The course will cover presentation skills, CV writing, communication in the workplace, career planning, equality and diversity.
The course is 4 days per week (Mon-Thurs) for 4 weeks.
Course Dates 2020/21:
- 24 August – 17 Sept (This course will be online only)
- 2 Nov – 26 Nov (Enrol on 29 Oct)
- 7 Dec – 14 Jan 2021 (Enrol on 3 Dec)
- 25 Jan – 25 Feb (Enrol on 21 Jan)
- 1 March – 25 March (Enrol on 25 Feb)
- 26 April – 20 May (Enrol on 22 April)
- 7 June – 1 July (Enrol on 27 May)
Gain a recognised qualification in Personal Development and Employability Skills. The course covers:
- Personal development skills
- Introduction to group and teamwork communication skills
- Improving own learning and performance
- Functional skills English
- Functional skills maths
Students will also learn about British values, equality and diversity, financial planning and budgeting, business planning, CV writing and goal setting and much more…
LASER is a course aimed at young people aged 16-19. The course aims to develop personal and employability skills.
Successful students will achieve Level 1 Certificate in Employability and Personal Development Skills qualification. On successful completion, students can progress onto Level 2 qualification.
The course covers:
- Personal career planning
- CV writing
- Developing personal confidence and self awareness
- Presentation skills and much more…
LASER is a course aimed at young people ages 16-19. The course aims to develop personal and employability skills. Students will achieve Level 2 Certificate in Employability and Personal Development Skills qualification. On successful completion, students can apply for a traineeship, apprenticeship or college course.
For individuals wanting to develop personal skills for the job market as well as improve on employability skills and how to apply for jobs. Students will achieve an OCN Level 1 Award in Employability and Personal Development Skills.
The course covers:
- Developing Personal Confidence and Self Awareness
- Using Teamwork Skills
- Manual Handling
- Risk Assessment
- Emergency First Aid
- Customer Service
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to gain employment. The course will cover:
- writing a strong personal profile to summarise your skills and personal qualities
- producing a CV detailing your experience and strengths to employers
- saving your CV in an appropriate format
- identifying job search websites
- setting up a personal email account, writing an email message
- attaching your CV to an email
- applying for a job and writing a covering letter to do with job application.
Is the lack of work experience holding back your job prospects? Then a Traineeship could be right for you! A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths, and a high quality work experience placement.