Jaguar Land Rover Education Centres
Jaguar Land Rover is the UK’s largest investor in automotive research, development and engineering, delivering create innovative British craftmanship and engineering excellence.
We are driven by a desire to deliver class-leading vehicles. Our vision is one of luxury by design; a vision to become the creator of the world’s most desirable luxury vehicles and technological services.
Jaguar Land Rover has five dedicated Education Centre’s which provide opportunities for students of all ages to experience the world of work. City of Wolverhampton College work closely with Jaguar Land Rover to design and deliver these modules and other related workshops that reflect all aspects of their core business. Through a series of aspirational and inspirational learning modules students can develop their knowledge and skills whilst making a connection between what they learn in the classroom with a future career.
The on-site learning modules are developed and supported by Jaguar Land Rover Ambassadors who bring to life the learning, sharing their own experiences and support students to apply their theoretical learning into operational activities. Through these interactions students and teachers will experience critical 21st century skills such as real time problem solving, innovation, creativity and digital literacy. They will also learn from people like themselves people they relate to and can aspire to be.
Centres are located within Jaguar Land Rover sites at Solihull, Castle Bromwich, Wolverhampton, Gaydon and Halewood. Workshops include age-appropriate practical hands-on activities, problem-solving challenges and team tasks all linked to the national curriculum from KS2 to KS4. Pupils are encouraged to use their maths and literacy skills and are naturally inspired to embrace STEM and find out more about the exciting career opportunities available within the engineering and other STEM sectors.
Workshops currently available:
• Reimagine Engineering – Take part in practical hands on challenges and learn from our colleagues as you explore the world of engineering, future strategy and industry trends getting invaluable, career insight. This workshop includes programming and testing an autonomous car, the innovation challenge or a propulsion activity.
• Maths and Data Science – Join us and get involved in real business tasks and get to grips with this unique language. Recognise the importance of data security. Understand how we use maths in the world of work, includes an activity where the cost of components needs to be evaluated before building your product.
• Inspiring future Engineers – a range of hands on activities designed to increase student interest and enjoyment of STEM subjects and careers while making them more attractive to employers. One of these activities is Kando, which is an industry proven game which aims to get students thinking about manufacturing and the concepts which underline it, specifically lean manufacturing.
• Design for Modern Luxury – a range of activities so that the student can understand and explore the world of design and network with our professionals to gain an understanding of the essential skills needed to progress in a creative world. This will include drawing and rendering activity.
• Robotics – Join us for problem solving, coding and learn all about what it takes to operate and maintain robots successfully in a busy manufacturing environment.
• Environment & Sustainability – Join us to find out more about sustainability in advanced manufacturing, some of the ways we are working to evolve our business and continue to reduce our environmental impact in the future. This workshop is ideal for business and economics students.
Join us for a day and gain understanding of the challenges and the relentless pursuit of solutions. Learn from our colleagues as you explore the world of engineering, future strategy, reducing environmental impact, coding, data security and industry trends, gaining invaluable career insight.
Ready? The future starts here.
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.