Do you have the qualifications required for an apprenticeship but need to improve your confidence and brush up on your employability skills?
With our Pre Apprenticeship short courses, you will develop the skills to impress prospective employers and secure your dream apprenticeship.
‘Yes to the Job’ Programme
What the course covers:
- Presentation skills
- CV writing
- Communication in the workplace
- Career planning
- Equality and diversity
- Financial planning and budgeting and much more…
We’re delighted to announce that one of our students has secured a business admin apprenticeship with Diffusion after completing our new ‘Yes to the job’ programme. Courtney was the first student on the Pre-Apprenticeship programme to secure a job and it was her first interview too! Check out Courtney’s story.
Ready to kick-start your career?
Courses start throughout the year.
To book your place, call the Recruitment Team on: 01902 837163.
What is a traineeship?
A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that helps to unlock the great potential of young people aged 16 to 24 preparing them for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’. The programme can last up to a maximum of six months with the content tailored to your individual career needs. At its core are English and maths qualifications, work preparation training and a high quality work experience placement giving you the skills and experience that employers are looking for, helping you to secure an apprenticeship or other job in the future.
Traineeships have been developed in response to research showing that young people frequently lack the knowledge and experience employers expect in the workplace.
Traineeships will help to tackle this problem, while benefiting you in the following ways:
- Work preparation training will put you in a better position to compete for an apprenticeship or other job.
- Maths and English support to help give you the literacy and numeracy skills needed to boost your chances of getting a job, as well as improving your long term prospects and earning potential over your lifetime.
- The opportunity to build your CV and get vital experience with local and national employers, where you are able to learn about the business and the industry it operates in.
- Employers are at the centre of the work preparation training which ensures you are ‘work ready’ and have the confidence to take the first step to securing a job and starting your career.
- At the end of your work experience placement you’ll get a job interview with the company if a role becomes available or a reference and an exit interview.
Traineeships are an ideal opportunity if you are motivated to get a job but lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for. If you have been unsuccessful when applying for an apprenticeship or other job due to a lack of skills and experience then you might be a good candidate for a traineeship.
You could be suitable if you are:
- Motivated to work
- Unemployed, or work less than 16 hours per week and have little work experience
- Aged between 16-24 and qualified below Level 3
Employers are not required to pay you for taking part in a traineeship but may support you with expenses such as transport and meals. The work placement is a real opportunity to gain meaningful work experience.
Depending on your individual circumstances you may be able to access financial support from your training provider, through the 16-19 Bursary Fund or the 19+ Discretionary Learner Support Fund.*
All training costs are funded by the Government.
*subject to eligibility criteria
We offer Traineeships in:
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Motor Vehicle
- creative Arts
- Laboratory Technician
- Youth Work
- Health & Social Care