The City of Wolverhampton College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information.
The following privacy statement explains how we protect applicants’ information that is gathered, processed and stored electronically on iTrent and in manual files. We ensure accepted standards of technological security for protecting information provided by applicants from misuse, loss or corruption. Only authorised personnel have access to personally identifiable information submitted electronically via iTrent and manually for manual files. Such employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of this data.
As defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) City of Wolverhampton College, Paget Road, Wolverhampton, WV6 0DU is the Data Controller and ultimately responsible for ensuring the data you provide is kept secure, processed correctly and that you understand your legal rights in relation to that data. As part of our Data Controller responsibilities we have an assigned Data Protection Officer.
The human resources software we use is known as iTrent and this is supplied by Midland HR (MHR) and managed by the Human Resources Team.
iTrent software collects only personally identifiable information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by applicants. As part of the registration and recruitment process, we may collect the following (but not limited to):
- Name, address, email, telephone number (landline and mobile)
- Sensitive information eg date of birth, nationality, protected characteristic information, convictions and NI number
- Employment history
- Responses to questions contained in the Application Form that support your application
- Recruitment preferences
- Any other information you wish to provide in support of building up your application form
As required by GDPR we must only request information if we have a lawful basis for doing so. We need to process data to ensure that we follow our Recruitment & Selection policy and ensure fairness for selection. Any statistical analysis that the College completes is done so in an anonymised format.
Personal details you provide in this registration will be shared with the Recruiting manager/s in order for shortlisting and selection processes to take place. Sensitive data is not shared with the recruiting managers and is retained only with the relevant HR lead.
We will share your data with third parties in order to obtain a reference at the shortlisting stage. We will then request a further reference upon appointment, confirm your right to work in the UK and necessary criminal record checks from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We will not share the information with third parties for secondary or unrelated purposes unless otherwise disclosed at the point of collection and not without having gained acceptance at the point of collection.
Your registration for this vacancy will be deactivated after 12 months.
We will provide reasonable access to applicants’ who wish to review the personal information retained when they apply via our website and correct any inaccuracies it may contain providing this is within the 12-month period from the date of the registration of your application. In all cases we will treat requests to access information or to change information in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Applicants’ who choose to register may access their profile, correct and update their details, or withdraw their details at any time. To do this, applicants’ can access their personal profile by using their secure login.
Under GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to the way in which we deal with your personal data (some of which may not be applicable depending upon context):
- The right to be forgotten
- The right to rectification if information is inaccurate or out of date
- The right of data portability (to obtain and reuse your personal data)
- The right to object to the Controller handling of your personal data
- The right to withdraw your consent with regards to the handling of your personal data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (Subject Access Request – SAR)
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority – the ICO (Information Commissioners Office)
When you exercise your right to rectify inaccuracies you will need to contact the HR Team and confirm what the inaccuracy is and how you want it changed. Where you withdraw your consent we may process your personal data without it where we are permitted or required by law or regulatory requirements to do so. In such a case, we will not process more personal data than is required under the circumstances.
If you are not satisfied by our actions, you can seek recourse through our Data Protection Officer (email@example.com). If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) or seek recourse through the courts.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. These include:
- All staff are trained in Data Protection best practice and acceptable uses of ICT
- We have a clear desk and lock PC policy
- All internet activity is monitored by our network engineers and firewall. Application and URL filtering to monitor and control activity on our network. Antivirus software to allow us to proactively monitor activity on college computers. User activity on college machines is recorded
- All visitors are signed in and out of the premises and are always accompanied while they are in College
- Paper records are kept in secure storage with access limited to a small number of staff and are confidentially destroyed at the end of their retention period
We reserve the right to modify or amend this privacy notice at any time and for any reason, providing it maintains compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. We will notify any changes to this notice via your recruitment account.