Are you aged 16-25, unemployed and live in the Black Country?
Joining a Prince’s Trust Team programme can give you a better chance of moving into a job or further education and training.
The programme will help you move forwards with your life. During the programme you will:
- benefit from passionate and professional staff who’ll provide you with mentoring support throughout
- develop work-related skills including: communication, teamwork, leadership, setting and achieving goals, managing feelings, confidence, reliability, job searching, and leadership
- get the opportunity to thrive and gain new experiences
- uncover your hidden talents and improve your confidence
- build social skills and meet new people
- achieve nationally recognised employability qualifications
- get two weeks work experience in something you’re interested in
- develop your maths and English skills
- improve your leadership skills
- enjoy a range of teamwork activities.
At the end of the programme you will receive the nationally recognised Prince’s Trust Certificate in Employment, Teamwork and Community Skills and during the scheme you will gain a range of new skills that are useful in the workplace, such as basic emergency First Aid and Food Hygiene.
All the equipment you need will be provided and you will also get help with travel expenses. It doesn’t affect your entitlement to benefits either – if you are claiming Job Seeker’s Allowance you can continue to sign on although you must notify the Jobcentre that you are on the programme.
The Team programme was launched by The Prince’s Trust in 1990 and has since helped more than 153,000 unemployed young people turn their lives around, with three out of four young people supported by the Trust moving into work, education or training.
City of Wolverhampton College has been delivering the Prince’s Trust Team programme courses across the Black Country and Shropshire since September 2000 and to date over 2000 young people have attended schemes in Wolverhampton, Dudley, Walsall, Sandwell, Telford and Shrewsbury.
Wolverhampton 19th September 2022
Willenhall 12th September 2022
Wednesfield 5th September 2022
Want to find out more?
Even if you’re not 100% sure this is the right course for you our team can help you to look at all the options available.