Former apprentice Odira More...
Filmmaker Odira More found a creative apprenticeship gave hi ...Read more
Whether you have a passion for performing, a flair for design or dream of working in the film, television, games or music industry, we have a course to equip you for whatever part of the industry you want to go into.
Whichever course you choose you will gain knowledge of what it is like to work in the creative industry and the skills and experience to prepare you for when you do.
We are one of only two colleges in the Midlands to offer the full range of courses accredited by the University of the Arts London Awarding Body, including Art and Design, Photography, Fashion, Creative Media, Games Design, Music and Performing Arts. The UAL Awarding Body is part of the University of the Arts London, Europe’s largest specialist arts and design university, made up of six distinctive and distinguished colleges, including Central Saint Martins and the London College of Fashion.
Our Creative Media and Games students get the chance to work alongside professional film crews, Games Designers and experience commercial video production, whilst Music Technology students have access to our own recording studio as well as having live sound lessons at the Slade Rooms, a popular music venue in the city centre.
Our Art and Design students benefit from the use of our own print room, 3D studios, graphics studios and photography dark rooms; and our Performing Arts students have regular visit to professional shows as well as putting on a range of their own and working with professional theatre companies as part of the Black Country Touring Young Promoters scheme .
All of our tutors have professional experience in the creative industry and, as a member of the National Skills Academy for Creative and Culture, we have access to professionals from a range of creative sectors to enhance your learning.
Awarded Arts Mark Gold status by Arts Council England for our excellent courses and links with employers we pride ourselves on producing work-ready students equipped with the skills and knowledge to be a success in the industry.
As a member of the National Skills Academy for Creative and Culture we work closely with a range of employers, freelancers and creative organisations and offer a variety of creative Apprenticeships throughout the West Midlands
With courses from Level 2 and Level 3 to Foundation Degrees and HNDs, study with us and get your creative career underway.
• Media have their own TV studio, two editing suites running industry standard ‘Final Cut Pro’ software and a mix of HD cameras.
• Music technology have their own digital recording studios together with a classroom within the city centre Slade Rooms venue teaching live sound.
• Art and Design studios have a print room, a 3D studio and fine art and graphics studios and studios for photography
• Performing Arts have dance and performance studios with their own performance space and stage
• Learn from experienced tutors – we have a huge range of professional experience covering the creative industries. Many of our tutors are current practitioners whose work is exhibited or performed locally and nationally.
• We frequently invite practising artists, actors and musicians as guest lecturers to share their knowledge and experiences.
• Go on exciting educational trips though the Leonardo Project, each year a range of our students have two week placements in Florence Italy
We work closely with local companies who provide live briefs and offer work experience opportunities.
Please type in the keyword relating your interest or subject for realtime results.
People can apply for courses starting at City of Wolverhampt ...Read more
Young people due to leave school in the summer can find out ...Read more
Information on part-time courses starting in January and ho ...Read more
A new one stop shop helping people across the city make thei ...Read more
Talented students from City of Wolverhampton College are put ...Read more
A roving reporter from City of Wolverhampton College is cele ...Read more
Next September might seem a long way off but you can start p ...Read more
Pupils in Year 11 can find out about study options after GCS ...Read more
A Levels, apprenticeships and university-level qualification ...Read more
© 2014 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |