If you want a career in engineering, our engineering learning zone will give you the skills and knowledge to gain well-paid employment and embark on an exciting and rewarding career in the industry.
Our engineering facilities feature the latest industry-standard equipment including lathes, CNCs and milling machines and a welding workshop, as well as a specialist computer aided design suite with the latest CAD drafting facilities and dedicated CAD/CAM PCs in the workshops.
We work closely with major employers in the area including Goodridge, Moog, Avara, Siemens and Collins Aerospace and have an excellent record of helping students into employment.
What’s more, our engineering centre operates as a modern manufacturing plant and incorporates Lean Systems – including improvement processes, elimination of waste and developing smarter working practices – into all its courses, something that will look great on your CV and impress employers when you are applying for jobs in the future.
- Dedicated engineering learning zone with well-equipped industry-standard workshops
- Close working relationship with major local employers – ensuring you develop the skills their businesses need
- Opportunities for work experience
- Experienced tutors who have worked in the industry themselves
- Excellent achievement rates
- Educational visits to enhance your learning and develop your knowledge of the industry
- Opportunity to progress to the next level of study, move to an apprenticeship, or gain a university-level higher education qualification
- Opportunity to do work experience abroad through the Erasmus scheme
Meet the Engineering Team
Find out more about the engineering tutors and their industry experience and interests here