College Remains Open
Wolverhampton is now in Tier 2 ‘High Alert’ restrictions under the new local Covid alert system for England.
The college remains open and lessons are continuing as normal, however to keep yourself, your family, your classmates, fellow students, tutors and other college staff safe you should abide by the government restrictions and also adhere to the on-site safety measures – such as social distancing, wearing a face covering, using hand sanitiser and following one way systems – in classrooms, corridors and other public areas on campus.
A cold, flu or covid – which one do I have?
A blocked or runny nose, a sore throat and a cough are common, especially in the winter.
But how do you know if you have coronavirus? Check your symptoms in this video.
You might be worried about coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) and how it could affect your life. This may include being asked to stay at home or avoid other people.
This might feel difficult or stressful. But there are lots of things you can try that could help your wellbeing.
Check out the information from Mind here.
The College is actively promoting the NHS incentive ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ to reduce the potential spread of any seasonal cold or flu.
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean