Training as a hairdresser or barber at the city centre hair training Academy salon, at the Metro One campus, will enable you to progress to a cutting-edge career in the industry.
You’ll learn be taught by experienced tutors who have worked as hairdressers and barbers themselves for many years and will learn:
- Cutting, trimming and re-styling for male and female clients
- Perming and permanent/semi-permanent colouring
- On-trend techniques such as highlights, lowlights, balayage and dip-dying
- Blow dries, plaiting and up-do’s
- Treatments and services for Afro-Caribbean hair
You’ll provide services to paying clients in our city centre Academy hair salon which is equipped with a range of industry-standard equipment and professional products including:
- Keracare shampoos, conditioners and styling products
- Professional on-trend colouring products
- Hand dryers, hood dryers, and climazone thermal dryers
- Professional hair straighteners and curling wands
What’s more, the practical experience and customer service and retails skills you will gain working in a busy commercial salon will look great on your CV when you’re applying for jobs in the future.