Teaching staff at City of Wolverhampton College are embracing a new way of working during the Coronavirus lockdown.
Lessons are being carried out online, meaning that learning can continue uninterrupted during this unprecedented time.
On 3 April, there were 496 classrooms running on Google classroom, with more taking place on the College’s Moodle site.
The success of the online learning platform could mean that elements of it continue post-lockdown.
E-Learning Manager, Conrad Taylor said: “The success of the transition has been down to three things: staff have been given the time and support to upskill, the IT department was backed-up by senior management to implement the change smoothly, and, of course, the crisis has given staff that extra push to be brave and embrace technology.
“Before Covid-19, 70% of our learners accessed their resources via Moodle, while the other 30% where on Google Classroom, and all staff use Office 365.
“Both staff and students have engaged with online learning exceptionally well, even enjoying the sociable element during the coronavirus lockdown.
“Once this is over and going forward, the hope is that we’ll adopt a blended approach, giving everyone a bit more flexibility when it comes to teaching and learning.”
Read more here.