Have you got questions about our open events?
Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions, we hope you find the answers you’re looking for.
Our Open Events are designed to provide you with all the information, advice and guidance you need to make that important decision about your future.
From engaging interactive activities showcasing our courses, a look at our facilities and talking to current students about college life, you can then head on over to our admissions team and get your application done and dusted! If you need to enquire about any additional support available such as financial support or learning supporting our teams will be on hand.
There will be many staff and students available to talk to during the event.
- Staff and students will guide you in the right direction around the college and are hands on throughout the event to assist you with anything
- Tutors will be available to give you specific course information and answer any questions you have about studying with us
- Careers Advisors – if you would like impartial information advice and guidance our team are on hand
- Student Hub staff – provide financial support information including travel and childcare
- Students – talk to current students to share experiences as well as the Students’ Union and find out how you can make the most of your time at college by getting involved and having fun!
We do prefer you to pre-register for the event to save you time upon arrival, it also means we are able to send you reminders for the event so you don’t forget.
Yes, our Admissions team will be available to assist you with your application – you’ll be one step closer to becoming a WolvColl student
We do interview during the event however, if we can’t then our Admissions team will book an interview at the most convenient time for you.
This depends on how much you’d like to explore at an open event and how busy the event is. On average people tend to spend 1.5 hours but it may be a little less or a little more depending on the wait to speak to tutors and to apply – it’ll be worth your time!
Yes, we welcome parents/carers to join you at the open event, it’s a great chance for them to have a look around college, chat with tutors and ask any questions they may have.
We will also have workshops parents can attend to support you with your studies and time at City of Wolverhampton College.
There is no dress code for an open event.
Yes, Wellington Road campus has an open car park. At Paget Road campus visitors will need to park in the student car park.
Our campuses are also easily accessible via public transport. Regular bus services run from Wolverhampton.
Wellington Road- Bus 79 from Wolverhampton Bus Station
Paget Road- Bus 1 from Princess Street in Wolverhampton
To plan your journey visit – https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands
Yes, we have an on-site Starbucks at both of our campuses where you can purchase cold drinks, hot drinks and a range of cookies/cakes or you can treat yourself with delicious freshly baked goodies made by our very own bakery students.
We understand things may crop up so don’t worry if you can’t make it. We’ve got several open events across the year so keep your eye on our social media or our events page – www.wolvcoll.ac.uk/events/ and pre-register!
- Wednesday 11 October 2023 4-7pm
- Saturday 13 January 2024 10am – 2pm
- Wednesday 24 April 2024 4-7pm
- Saturday 15 June 2024 10am – 2pm
We strongly encourage you to visit us at an Open Event. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to see your place of study as well as talk to tutors and students about courses and college life.
We’ve also got some exciting activities you can take part in so why not put an hour or so aside and visit us!