Sector-based Work Academy Programmes (SWAPs)
Use the new year to discover a new you, a new skill, a new job, a new career!
Sector-based Work Academy Programmes (SWAPs) can accelerate your return to employment. Delivered in conjunction with employers who are recruiting, programmes at the College will help prepare currently unemployed to apply for jobs in different areas of work. You could be back into work in no time and, whilst you are retraining, you will not lose your benefits!
City of Wolverhampton College has designed courses to help meet immediate and future skills gaps to enable you to gain employment. SWAPs typically last up to 6 weeks and contain three main components to help you get back to work:
- Pre-employment training
- Work experience placements
- A guaranteed job interview or help with an employer’s recruitment process.
Take a look at the SWAPs currently on offer:
- Construction Plant Operations including Groundworks
- Plastering and Skimming
- Laying and Maintenance of Rail Track
- Electric Vehicle and Green Technologies
Define your future at City of Wolverhampton College!