You’re not alone…
If you want to talk to someone in confidence, we’re here to support you.
The Counselling Service at City of Wolverhampton College is here to give you the opportunity to explore, discover and clarify ways of living a more satisfying and resourceful life.
Counselling offers a safe and confidential environment where thoughts and feelings can be explored at a pace that is comfortable for you. You can feel listened to and understood without being judged; through this experience you can move your life in a direction that is right for you.
• Counselling takes place at the request of the client
• Meetings take place in a private and confidential setting
• Your appointment will last about 50 minutes and you will have the opportunity to return if you wish
• We hold information about a range of external support services and can give you details or make a referral
• We can help you talk to other people who can support you
• Anxiety or confusion about any aspect of your life
• Worries about your health or well-being, eg eating disorders or long-term illness
• Fears for your personal safety
• Relationship problems
• Maybe difficulties at home are making life uncomfortable for you
• You may be worried or upset about your partner, friends or family
• Someone close to you may have died or be seriously ill
• You may feel under pressure because of work, studies or exams
• You may feel down or depressed and be unsure why
Counsellors will not pass on any information you share with them to anyone else unless you agree, or unless they believe you or anyone else to be at risk of harm.
• The service works to the Ethical Framework of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
• The service is for college members and is confidential and free
• Counselling staff are fully qualified and experienced in listening and supporting students through a variety of situations
|Monday||9AM - 5PM*|
|Tuesday||9AM - 5PM*|
|Wednesday||9AM - 5PM|
|Thursday||9AM - 5PM*|
|Friday||9AM - 4.30PM|
|Evening appointments available on request*|
Staff are based in the Student Hub at:
Appointments may be available at other campuses, please contact us by telephone or email to make arrangements: firstname.lastname@example.org