English GCSECourse Code: ELAGC Learning Aim Code: 50057820 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road Campus or Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Are you keen to progress and move forwards in your career?
Would you like to improve your spoken or written English skills and gain a GCSE qualification?
If so, then this is the course for you. Through the study of English language and literature, you will be able to enhance your English, learn how to write confidently and independently in life and work settings and go on to achieve your aims and ambitions!
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Speaking and listening skills in a variety of situations
- English language and how it is used
- How to read, understand and interpret literature more effectively
- How to write in many different situations, including essays and poetry analysis
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop an appreciation for reading, literature and poetry
- Learn about English language
- Develop your understanding of writing techniques
- Learn how to interpret information for different meanings
- Understand how English is used in a variety of situations
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group activities throughout the course
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through exams
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress on to a range of courses within the college
- This course could lead to the Access to FE programme, which is a continuation into Further Education and onto Higher Education
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- A previous GCSE at grade D for the resit course
- An assessment is given prior to starting the course to ensure that this is the right course for you