Engineering Short Course: I want to… WeldCourse Code: WELCE Learning Aim Code: Z0001790 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One day Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are a mechanical or electrical maintenance engineer who needs an appreciation of welding this one-day course will teach you the basics of welding as well as regulations in the industry.
Following completion of the course you will be able to weld two metals together.
You will study in our industry-standard fabrication and welding workshop on the Paget Road campus and be taught by a tutor who has worked in the industry.
We have high success rates on all our fabrication and welding courses and excellent feedback from our students.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Basics of setting up welding equipment
- Types of welding
- Welding basic joints
- Industry legislation and regulations
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Further develop your understanding of welding and the equipment used
- Gain a detailed understanding of types of welding and its application in a manufacturing environment
- Develop a further appreciation of legislation and regulations
- Apply theoretical knowledge to the principles of joining metal
- Apply your knowledge to industrial applications
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the day you will be assessed by the tutor to ensure that you are competent in all the areas covered in the course.
What can I do next?
If the one day course sparks your interest in a career in the fabrication and welding industry we offer a number of full and part-time accredited courses that will enable to work in this area of the engineering industry.
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access the course you are required to:
- Be working in the mechanical / electrical engineering industry
- Hold a mechanical or electrical engineering qualification or existing welding qualification