ESOL (Aged 19+)
Course Code EEOCE60140756
Study Mode Full Time or Part Time
Duration One Year
Campus Paget Road Campus
If English isn't your first language and you want to improve your skills to help you study, find work or manage in everyday life, our ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) is the course for you.
The course will develop and enhance your written and spoken English language skills and you will become more confident in life and work settings and able to achieve your aims and ambitions for the future.
The course can be studied part-time or full-time so the length of the course varies depending on the option you choose.
There are no entry requirements however, prior to starting the course you will be asked to attend an assessment to ensure that you are placed on the correct level course for you.
During this course you will study:
- Speaking and listening skills in a variety of situations
- Reading techniques to help you read and understand more effectively
- Writing techniques to enable you to write in many different situations
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of writing techniques
- Learn how interpret information for different meaning
- Develop an appreciation for reading
- Develop your confidence in by being able to deliver presentations
- Understand how English is used in work and daily communication
- Improve your listening skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in group activities throughout the course
You will be continually assessed throughout the course and sit an exam at the end of the programme.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to get a job or progress to another course at the college
© 2019 City of Wolverhampton College, All Rights Reserved. |